APT Coordination Meetings during RA-23 and WRC-23
The main purpose of the APT Coordination Meetings during WRC-23 is to coordinate and reflect APT Common Proposals (ACPs) at the outcomes of WRC-23 effectively. “APG regional cooperation activities during the WRC and the CPM” has been described in the section 5.2 and Annex 1 of the Working Method of APT Conference Preparatory Group for WRCs. Annex 2 details the APG Regional Cooperation Activities during the RA.
APG coordination meetings can be organized by the APT Secretariat during RAs, WRCs and CPMs in order to:
- ensure that APT Common Proposals on WRC Agenda Items and other contributions are presented effectively;
- ensure that APG participates actively in the relevant Working Groups and other meetings during RAs, WRCs and CPMs;
- harmonise the views of APT Members which will be represented to other regional organizations with the objective of promoting consensus building and developing common understanding on issues.
Roles of the Agenda Item Coordinators:
- To present ACPs and APT Views to RA-23 and WRC-23 at relevant meetings,
- To participate actively in the relevant discussions during RA-19 and WRC-19, and
- To report the outcomes of discussion and relevant issues at the APG coordination meetings
- To suggest the possible solutions on the key issues based on the progress of discussion and seek a decision from the coordination meeting.